What am I all about?
I lead a very bizarre multi-faceted life:
- I live on a farm where we raise most of our own food. My son does most of the heavy farm work, but I still help out whenever I can. We have cows and chickens and raise a wide variety of fruits, vegetables and herbs. My wife is the real brains of this operation - I grew up a city boy, so each day on the farm is a new learning experience for me. My daughter is a private chef, so if you can just imagine using the best and freshest all-natural ingredients and knowing how to use and blend them properly...let me just say that I am very blessed and we eat very well. My wife also is a great cook, so even when my daughter is at work at a local hunting lodge where she is continuing to hone her craft, I eat very well. (Click here for more information) God is good!
- I am a transportation engineering professional, doing work as an independent consultant throughout the state of Florida. Over the course of the last 30+ years I have been very blessed to work with a bunch of really great and smart people from whom I have learned a great deal. I have spent time working in the public sector (state and local level), the private sector (consulting firms of a variety of sizes), and academia (large public universities doing both research and teaching). This has given me the opportunity to see the transportation engineering profession from a wide range of perspectives and helps me to provide my clients with innovative approaches to solving transportation problems. A great deal of my work over the past several years has been in the area of traffic safety. I have been working with the Florida DOT to reduce fatal and serious-injury crashes on Florida's highways. I am very blessed to work with people who have a passion for saving lives. (Click here for more information) God is good!
- In addition to my normal transportation consulting work, my consulting firm is also approved by the Florida Board of Professional Engineers to provide continuing education (Professional Development Hours) for engineers to maintain their engineering licenses. I provide a wide array of training opportunities and am working to expand this area of my business. (Click here for more information) God is good!
- I am the pastor at the church we attend. This is really one of the most bizarre elements of my life - I do not consider myself worthy of this mantle, but I do believe that I am right where God wants me to be doing just what God wants me to do. It is truly amazing how God has brought me to this place in my life. I greatly enjoy how God is working in me to reveal Himself to me more and more each day. My ministry is more of a teaching ministry - as that seems to be where God has gifted me, and my goal is to help people see what God is saying to us in His Word. I believe that He wants us to take it seriously and to let the words written in the Bible transform our lives: "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith." - Romans 12:1-3 (Click here for more information) God is good!
- In addition to my work as a transportation engineer, I have recently joined the John Maxwell Team, where I am now operating as your Transformation Engineer - helping people transform their lives through the materials developed over the last few decades by John Maxwell. (Click here for more information) God is good!